We are looking for a new Herdsperson
Innes Cheese is a small team producing raw milk goats cheese using milk from our own herd onsite at Highfields Farm. We are looking for someone to join us in a permanent position as herdsperson from August 2018 to replace our current Herdsperson who is retiring in September.
We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking. Livestock experience is essential.
You need to be able to work well in a busy environment. You must have a good level of physical fitness as the job requires heavy lifting and working on your feet.
You must also have:
· Organisational skills for keeping herd records
· Ability to work independently on the job
· Practical nature
· Calm and confident with livestock (experience doesn’t have to be with goats)
· Experience in or an aptitude to learn about food production and hygiene (clean milk is essential to cheese making)
· Attention to detail, an openness to learning and helping us evolve and innovate our farm
· Flexibility, to be able to work every other weekend and additional hours when required.
In return, you will work with a small, friendly and successful team in a peaceful rural environment.
On site accommodation may be available.
To apply, please contact Joe Bennett on 07967680231 or Amiee Lawn 07545226176